What is a Personal Budget?
A Personal Budget (Personal Independence Payment) or personal care allowance is granted to those who have been assessed by their local council as having social care needs, according to their financial circumstances. Depending on your circumstances, or choice, you may receive your Personal Budget either as Direct Payments, or as an Individual Service Fund (ISF).
To be eligible:
• You must be aged 16 to 64 and have a health condition or disability where you:
- Have had difficulties with daily living or getting around (or both) for 3 months
- Expect these difficulties to continue for at least 9 months (unless you’re terminally ill with less than 6 months to live).
• You must have lived in England, Scotland or Wales for at least 2 of the past 3 years, and be in one of these countries when you apply.
• You can apply for a PIP whether or not you are currently employed.
For full details visit https://www.gov.uk/pip